Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I went to a dermatologist and they put me on a dose of

I went to a...

I went to a dermatologist and they put me on a dose of antibiotics. The believe I either have an inflamed cyst or boil on the under side of my breast. However, I am on my last day of antibiotics and it is still red and has become hard. Should I try to go back in to see him?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

Eight days now. Its better when I am not wearing a bra of course and when I apply a warm compress.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had cysts before on my back and arms.

3/9/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

Here you go.

Got them--hold on please

You've definitely got a boil there--could have started as a cyst but now it's got pus in it

Unfortunately, many times, unless a boil is lanced and the pus is drained, antibiotics alone don't work too well

So you do need to see the dermatologist again so he can lance and drain this

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thank you.

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice