Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I noticed some more red spots in my pubic area. One that I…

Hello doctor, I noticed some...
Hello doctor, I noticed some more red spots in my pubic area. One that I consulted about seems to be getting slightly better. But the other red spots that popped up is this just irritation and folliculitis?
Would neosporin work for this?
3/9/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hi again

Just folliculitis and nothing more than that

The Neosporin will treat it too

Doctor, could this constant irritation be from friction and rubbing from masturbation? It’s no secret that I have very high anxiety, and sexual release, releases chemicals that combat anxiety. But can too much masturbation cause the irritation and red spots?

No, it's not from your masturbation

Ok doctor. I’ll be sure to use the hibiclens and Neosporin. I’m glad to know it’s not related to hsv or worrisomeAs for my lip, I was wondering is it normal for a cyst/pimple to get a little redder as it’s healing?

Looks like it's healing

Ah ok, so it’s normal for it to get like that.Also, as for that groin issue, I’ve used the fungal cream for a few weeks after the fungus healed, is it ok if I stop using it?

Yes that's normal

And you can stop the fungal cream

Thank you doctor, I was concerned if I keep doing the fungal cream I would produce resistant fungus kind of like when someone consistently takes antibiotics and the virus becomes immune. Idk if that applies to creams.Also, I noticed my coworker had some allergic reaction after making pizzas his hands were all red and some red spots. Allergic reactions aren’t contagious are they?

No allergic reactions aren't contagious at all

Thank you doctor. So neither the groin or lip is hsv, and the overuse of the cream wouldn’t create a resistant strain of fungus?

Neither is HSV

And no the cream doesn't create a resistant fungus

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Thank you doctor

Welcome

Oh doctor, could the lip irritation be from the type of chapstick or just something that occasionally happens
From shaving and what mot

No it just happened

Thank you doctor, as always I greatly appreciate the assurance this isn’t hsv. Have a great day :)

You too my friend