Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a bump near my groin area and I’m a little worried…

Hi I have a...

Hi I have a bump near my groin area and I’m a little worried about it. It’s been there for atleast a month if not more. It doesn’t itch it kinda looks like a pimple no white head. There’s another bump close to it maybe only centimeters apart.

Doctor's Assistant: When did pimple first appear? Have you used any medication for this?

I want to say mid to late January. No I have used any medication, I thought it was just acne and would go on it’s own but it’s still there. It doesn’t bother me but it’s concerning

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a dermatologist about pimple?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that can think of at this moment

3/9/2018
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Please post a picture of the bumps?

23. Female

This is skin gland inflammation.

Nothing worrisome.

These would go away on its own.

Usually no treatment is needed.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Is it normal for it to be there for more than a month?

Yes, it is normal.

These may stay for even 12 weeks.

Do not scratch it and avoid shaving on it.

Ok thank you doctor!

You are very welcome.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

One last question, what are the ways it could have formed?

It can be formed due to may reason;

1) Increased sweating.

2) Cloth irritation.

3) Clogged glands

4) Scratching.

5) Mild hair follicle inflammation.

I can assure you that this is not anything sinister. So do not get anxious. This is a benign phenomenon.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon