Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a flat spot on the base of my penis which I am afraid…

I have a flat spot...
I have a flat spot on the base of my penis which I am afraid is a flat genital wart. I put some vineger on it to test and see if it turned white. I'm afraid I am making myself think it is white. Really could use some second look at it as I am obsessing.
3/8/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

Hi Doctor. Attached are picture of this. The mark is at the base of my penis where my pubic hair and shaft meet. There are two pictures of the mark which I am concerned about and then IMG_0792 which is the other side of my Shaft which has marks I am also concerned about simply because I am now examining everywhere.I also added Pictures Labeled after vinegar test and after vinegar test 2. I feel after looking at After Vinegar test 2, I can see that there is some sort of reaction. Please Help me understand whats going on.

Got them--hold on please

That's not a genital wart or herpes or any kind of STD

It's called a Fordyce spot--a small clogged oil gland

No particular trigger for it

Usually these go away in time but for now you could try either tea tree oil or over the counter tretinoin cream for it

Please let me know if you need any more information

I have felt that I noticed recently it grew in size. Can Fordyce spots increase in diameter?The skin seemed to react to the vinegar and turn that area of flesh pink/whitish. Is this because the of the Vinegar? Would other fordyce spots display the same reaction?Also, there is shininess to it which the neighboring skin around it does not show. will this go away with tea tree oil?Are you 100% sure it is a Fordyce spot? Is there no chance at all is is a flat wart? Is there any other pictures I can provide which would help?

Yes they can get larger in time

And they do react to vinegar like that

But all of that will go away with the tea tree oil

The photos were clear and fine and I'm 100 % sure this is a Fordyce spot

Thanks Doctor. Would you classify the marks on the other side of my shaft as the same? from IMG_0792?Would Tea Tree Oil also work on those?

Yes--those are also Fordyce spots and the tea tree oil will also work on them

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice