Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

My right nostril is enflamed and extremely sensitive like a…

Customer Question
My right nostril is...

My right nostril is enflamed and extremely sensitive like a pimple toward the tip of my nose. Its extremely red and now the entire right side of my nose is swollen and painfull. There is no head or spot of drainage just extreme swelling and redness. How should I treat the area?

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No none at all. it started 2 days again, the pain was isolated at the tip of my nose, like a pimple was forming.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

None

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Dermatologist: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having inflamed and extremely sensitive like a pimple toward the tip of your nose can most likely be due to folliculitis.

It is inflammation of one or more hair follicles.the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria staphylococcus.Cleanliness and good hygiene are the best way to protect against getting & from spreading staph infections.

Following is recommended for you now:

· Apply ointment ultramide or ointment polysporin.they are available as OTC(over the counter) at your pharmacy without prescription & will help you greatly.

· Warm compresses made with white vinegar or Burow's solution will help quick healing.

Apply cream containing 1 % hydrocortisone.This will subside swelling & redness.

If still the symptoms persists then you need to consult your doctor for examination & accordingly oral antibiotics & other medications may be prescribed.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required. Please do not worry. This usually get subside in few days with these treatments.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how is your inflammation on right nostril now?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor