Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I noticed some dry irritated skin on the shaft of my penis,

Customer Question
I noticed some dry...

I noticed some dry irritated skin on the shaft of my penis, its not become a little bumpy and itchy how do I know if it is an STD or just dry skin?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

It has been dry for quite a while, but only a couple of days ago the dry skin split during masturbation and is now sort of bumpy

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I did have jock itch a while ago but that was only on the inside of my thigh/groin area

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Dermatologist: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Do you have itching there along with dry skin?

Dear customer

Thank you for being online

The symptoms you have described of having dry irritated skin on the shaft of penis is not symptom of any STD.

The associated little bumpy and itchy are not the symptoms of STD.

The most probable cause of your symptoms is fungal infection.

As you have history of jock itch- so the infection may travel to the penis & cause these symptoms.

Following is recommended for you:

· Apply cream containing clotrimazole.It is availaible at counter without prescription.

Probiotics are one of the most important parts of a Candida albicans/yeast infection cure..There are many brands of probiotics easily available as over the counter at your pharmacy.

· Keep you genital area clean & dry .

· Remove wet, sweaty bottom clothing as soon as possible.

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox) will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatments.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh