Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a pea sized bump at the back of my neck at the bottom…

Customer Question
I have a pea...

I have a pea sized bump at the back of my neck at the bottom of the hairline. It doesn't hurt. Thank you for your help

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

1-3 days maybe and no

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've had the same thing happen behind my ear and went away on its own

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dermatology
3/6/2018
Dermatologist: Dr. Chip, General pratice replied 4 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Hello doctor. Thank you

This is a sebaceous cyst--a clogged oil gland

Nothing at all serious and usually these do go away in time

If it doesn't it can easily be removed under local anesthesia by your doctor

Please let me know if you need any more information

It is also a bit stiff. How long do they normally go away on their own?
Till they*