Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I just found a spot on myself this evening. It is, larger…

I just found a spot...
I just found a spot on myself this evening. It is brown, larger than a freckle and it is flat. I am wondering what it could be. It is not raised at all. I will attach a picture. I just went to the dermatologist in Jan to biopsy a few other raised moles and they were all benign and fine.... just though i would ask about this as it is likely nothing before making another appt.
2/14/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Please post your photo for me on this page

did you receive the picture

Got it--hold on please

ok

That looks benign to me--one color with smooth edges

I think it's most likely just a hyperpigmented macule--basically like a freckle

I see no reason to have the dermatologist take a look at it

Please let me know if you need any more information

it just appeared out of nowhere, does that happen with freckles? it is definitely one color, and not raised.

Yes--a hyperpigmented macule can definitely do that

Was able to get two better pics - still believe it’s benign? Just rather know whether best to go in or not before I do it

Got it--thanks

Still looks totally benign to me

Ok great thank you. So don’t bother going in? When should I be concerned? Or should I not at all?

My pleasure

I really don't think it's anything that requires your going in

Just keep an eye on it and if it changes in any way then would be the time to have the dermatologist check it out

Thank you

You're welcome and call on me anytime

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice