Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I’ve had body itching for the last. 3 weeks or so. Now I…

Hello I’ve had body...

Hello I’ve had body itching for the last

Doctor's Assistant: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. itching, rash, new birthmarks or moles)?

3 weeks or so

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Now I have red dots on my body a few on my back

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the dots better or worse?

Some on my frown under my Punic area Pubic area

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/11/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having red itchy dots since last 3 weeks can most likely suggestive of skin disease known as urticaria.

A hypersensitivity reaction (similar to an allergy) occurs in the skin, causing inflammation. The inflammation causes the skin to become reddish & itchy.

Following is recommended for you now:

-Take tablet benadryl once a day.

-Apply cream containing 1 % hydrocortisone.

If the area is large then apply Calamine lotion.

This will reduce the red dots & itching.All these medications are available at your counter without any prescription.

If still after this,the symptoms of dots or itching persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

I also have a rash in my inner crease very red somewhat itchy
The red dots didn’t show up until 2 days ago started on my upper thigh now my back just a few

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

The rash in inner crease that is very red & somewhat itchy can be due to fungal infection.

Following is recommended for you:

· Apply cream containing clotrimazole.It is availaible at counter without prescription.

Probiotics are one of the most important parts of a Candida albicans/yeast infection cure..There are many brands of probiotics easily available as over the counter at your pharmacy.

· Keep you genital area clean & dry .

· Remove wet, sweaty bottom clothing as soon as possible.

· If still after this,the itchy rash persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox) will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatments.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

I’m scared I have Genital herpes to honest I received oral sex just for a minute about 5 weeks ago started itching on the 19th about 14 days later now a rash and red dots on pubic area
Nothing on my scrotum or penis
I very much appreciate your help
Am I able to send pictures?

Yes,you can send pictures as attachment here.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

These symptoms does not seem to be due to genital herpes.

The red dots & itchy rash can most likely be due to fungal infection/urticaria.

Please take tab.benadryl (anti allergic pill) and apply cream containing clotrimazole on the crease.This whould provide great relief in 24 hours.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Even if I have a white tongue and a cough for weeks I have been brushing my tongue a lot it seems to go away a bit I believe a do have oral herpes I’m just very worried about genital herpes thanks for all your help I will be giving you positive feedback

Please do not worry.

None of your symptoms are of genital herpes.

Please take the above described medications & your symptoms should start subsiding in next 24 hours.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr. Josh

I’ve been very worried I have been itchy for so long including in my mouth and tongue is subsided then comes back I’ve been reading every single website about Genital herpes it seemed like all rodes leaded to genital herpes

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

As of now you need to take anti allergic treatment.

If still the symptoms persists,then you need to consult your doctor for tests & examination & only after this the exact diagnosis can be made.

Please don't search on internet. Many of the articles, are written by unprofessional, and may only lead to stress and worry.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr. Josh

Strange as soon as I saw tiny red dots on my upper thigh then under my pubic hairs I then in a rash in my inner crease I was sure I had genital herpes
When I searched for this it seems like it’s he same page with people all thinking they have genital herpes with you prescribing and saying the same things hahaha hmmm I wonder but thank you for your time and input
The emergency room last night gave me a pill for anti fungul seem like it hasn’t worked thus far

Genital herpes is diagnosed by visual inspection if the outbreak is typical, and by taking a sample from the sore(s) and testing it in a laboratory.A sample of your blood, sore tissue can be tested to establish the presence of HSV and determine which type of HSV you have.

But considering your symptoms,I do not think these are due to genital herpes.

Again,do not search google for this. This will lead to un necessary anxiety & worry.

Please consult your doctor for examination & tests.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr. Josh

They also prescribed presidone and ranitidine with bendedryl too but I haven’t bought the Bendedryl

Benadryl is the drug of choice to treat this. I advise to take the benadryl as prescribed to you. This should subside the symptoms.

what would make it genital herpes then just out of curiosity

Following are the most common symptoms of genital herpes:

-Cracked, rawareas around your genitals
-Itching or tingling around your genitals
-The lesions eventually dry out and develop a crust, and then heal rapidly without leaving a scar.
-Painful urination
-Swollen glands
-Flu-like symptoms, including a fever, headaches, a general ill feeling (malaise), and muscle aches.

Please consult your doctor for exact diagnosis & hence the treatment accordingly.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr. Josh

I’m assuming then my muscle aches on and off come from? Thank you so much I really appreciate all of the help so much really!
Technically isn’t the crease where my leg meets my groin “around my genitals” sorry not trying to be difficult just trying to learn a bit.

Yes,the crease is the area where legs meet lower abdomen. This area is also called groin or inguinal.

Sorry not trying to be so technical just worried and curious
There is a white piece I the way back of my throat could that be party of the fungus or?

That white piece/dots in back of throat can be due to bacterial infection or simply throat irritation.

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
I could have oral herpes?
Because my tongue frenulum is also a bit white
My apologies again I’m just quite paranoid and bit lately

Less likely this can be oral herpes.

These white dots can most likely be due to infection.

Please do not worry to much.

And consult your doctor as without clinical examination-it is difficult to make the exact diagnosis.

I hope you understand.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr. Josh

I do thank you it’s just one emergency room Doctor said it was a cold sore and not to worry most of the population has oral HSV-1 apparently.
this fungus could have been making me itchy for weeks before showing anything?

The virus that causes cold sores is known as the herpes simplex virus (HSV).

Yes HSV-1 is extremely common in population.

Ok thank you very much that last question will be my last thank you again!

Yes,it can be a fungal infection or an urticaria as described in previous posts.

But exactly it can be determined by your doctor after clinical examination.

Ok thanks so much for your patience and information

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh