Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I was recently lifting weights in the gym doing tricep

Customer Question
I was recently lifting...

I was recently lifting weights in the gym doing tricep extensions (lying on the bench - behind the head). I sat the weight down and it pinched the area between my thumb and

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

I pinched the area between my thumb and forefinger. It has since been dry and flaky. Both in the pinched area and one of my finger tips.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No.... I don't think so

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dermatology
2/6/2018
Dermatologist: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Are you talking about the webbing between your thumb and index finger ? Which directly lifts the weights i understand . ?

Well its better if you wear gloves for lifting the heavy weights as this would not improve unless you stop lifting weights.

For now you can apply vaseline or petroleum jelly on it. If it seems flared up or red the you can apply hydrocortisone ( as this can be contact allergy too ).

I hope you find it useful.

Let me know if you need any further help

hope it answered your query.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Pease reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Regards.