Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a small linear rash just below my sternum for…

I have had a small...
I have had a small linear rash just below my sternum for about a month now. I nurse and my son constantly puts his hands there and sometimes scratches me so I assumed it was a result of that but am concerned because it isn’t going away. It doesn’t itch or hurt. Any ideas?
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/22/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Nothing too serious there

Looks like a patch of fungal infection--not the same as ringworm

I suggest you try over the counter clotrimazole cream twice a day for a week to clear it up

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Sounds easy, thanks so much!

My pleasure and call on me anytime

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice