Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have a weird rash on inside of my thigh, can you help? No…

I have a weird...

I have a weird rash on inside of my thigh, can you help?

Doctor's Assistant: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. itching, rash, new birthmarks or moles)?

No symptoms, other than it’s pretty painful, no fever etc, I have a pic I can send

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I think it happened when I used the bathroom as normal went to walk out then some urine ran down my leg but I just left it, I had tight jeans in that day then it seemed to develop after that

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Well I did have a stroke at 32 yrs old, I’m now 36 going to be 37 this month but that’s the only major thing to know I’m on xarelto

1/22/2018
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Please post a picture.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
See attached

I am sorry, I cannot phone you but we can discuss it here.

Are you diabetic?

Since when is this?

Is there any oozing?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had an RX from a rash I had last year I been using Triamcinolone Acetonide cream
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not diabetic, I think it started after I used bathroom as normal went to leave but then felt a bit of urine run down that side of leg but I just left it and I also had tight jeans on that day so not sure if urine caused it to get infected like that
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not really any oozing, I accidentally got one with fingernail and it leaked little bit of puss
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ive been keeping it bandaged with that RX cream to see if it helps but only been doing that for couple days now

This looks like cellulitis. It is infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue (tissue underling the skin). You may apply Neosporin.

You may need a course of antibiotic and antibiotic cream like Mupirocin.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks I can do some research on cellulitis, my only question is at what point should I go in for an antibiotic?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m assuming you can’t prescribe an RX?

You are very welcome.

A local antibiotic cream like Neosporin may resolve it in 20% of cases, but course can be long.

In rest, oral antibiotics are required.

We cannot prescribe as prescribing without a personal exam is illegal.

If you have fever, increasing pain, tenderness, redness, swelling; antibiotic is mandatory.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok great! Thanks for info!

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon