Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been take over the counter antihistamine and have…

I have been take...

I have been take over the counter antihistamine and have even been to a doctor and have had prescription cream and I am still itching on my arms and wrists really bad. I have done some research and seem like I may have brachioradial pruritus. Is there is kind of relieve for this

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Usually at night time I itch the most and my health as been good, I do know I have been under some stress lately, my dr gave me nerve pills no change with the itching.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of I just have a hard time sleeping due to the itching on the arms and wrists

1/20/2018
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you have a picture?

I do
on my phone I do

ok you can upload it here or email to me

please send me your email and I will send on my phone to you

you need to accept additional services for my email

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Attached is pictures
I have sent pictures
I sent your pictures by phone
did you receive the pictures?

Yes I did.

This is eczema

have you tried hydrocortisone?

I have and that is why an no relieve really and that is why
I thought maybe this was the brachioradial pruritus
I have tried cortisone 10 and have had a prescription for a cream and still not relieve unless not strong enough
the cream that was prescribed that did not help was triamiconole acetonide topical 0.1 cream
and that was in November 2017
should I ask for a stronger cream from teladoc or continue to use more hydrocortisone over the counter
I am assuming you are done talking and I will keep using creams with hydrocortisone and treat myself for eczema

You definitely need a stronger steroid cream

desonide or clobetasol

Will this be a prescription or an I get this over the counter

prescription

Thanks so much and I will be sure to contact my doctor. I appreciate your help

welcome :)