Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 18 year old female, I used to only get small pimples…

Hey , I...

Hey , I am a 18 year old female, I used to only get small pimples and whiteheads but recently a couple of bigger pimples grew out. I don't eat a lot of sugar or junk food and I don't sleep late. I also wash my face and clothes regularly. I also have been taking birth control for almost a year now. Any suggestions to help me get better skin?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

I also have combination skin

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nope, that's all

1/20/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Acne/pimples results from a combination of three things: overproduction of sebum, a clogged pore and bacteria.

For pimples,the aim of treatment is to prevent new spots forming,to improve those already present, and to prevent scarring.Apply ointment containing bezoyl peroxide like clearasil Max.It has antibacterial effects and can dry out the skin and encourage it to shed the surface layer of dead skin.It is available as over the counter.

Other treatment includes topical retinoids (eg Adapalene),topical antibiotic lotion,oral antibiotics,oral retinoid like isotretinoin (eg Roaccutane) may be prescribed by the doctor.

Its good that you are not not eating too much sugar & avoid junk food.

So I advise you to please apply ointment containing bezoyl peroxide like clearasil Max.

If still after this,the pimples persists,then you need to make an appointment with your skin doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor