Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I appear to have an infected toe. It was from a stubbed toe,

I appear to have...

I appear to have an infected toe. It was from a stubbed toe, no broken skin, no ingrown toenail

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

It is now red, sore and swollen, on occasion seeps clear fluid from the nail bed

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

Did you receive photo?

Got it--hold on please

You've definitely got an infection there

Nothing too serious but you'll need a course of oral antibiotics from your doctor--nothing topical will work on it

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thank you for your help

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice