Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I just got a new piercing on my earlobe and right beside the…

I just got a...

I just got a new piercing on my earlobe and right beside the piercing at the back of my earlobe i see something that looks like a pimple but im not sure if it is or if it is an infection from the piercing

Doctor's Assistant: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. itching, rash, new birthmarks or moles)?

I habe experienced itching around the new piercing

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nope im healthy

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok no problem give me a second

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this is the image
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello?

Got it--hold on please

Is that tender at all?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is somewhat tender

OK--it's a small infected cyst--a little like a pimple

Nothing serious and with moist heat it may drain

But if it continues to be there for five more days you need to have your doctor look at it since you might need a course of oral antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what should i do with it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
should i just use hot water and dab on it daily? and should i remove my earrings on that piercing

Just use some warm moist heat for now--a washcloth moistened with hot water--for ten minutes three times a day

And yes--take out the earrings

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thank you

My pleasure and call on me anytime

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice