Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have some bumps on my penis shaft id like to have someone…

Customer Question
Hello i have some...

Hello i have some bumps on my penis shaft id like to have someone take a look at i snapped some photos

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you in any pain?

One day. if i touch i can feel a bit of pain

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dermatology
you can see in the photo the 4 circular dark spots look like scabs. there is also a longer sore not scabbed and not circular above the one of the scabs on the right. not sure if related. if i touch its a bit painful
possible from rough sex night before?
noticed pain right after. not sure if related
1/19/2018
Dermatologist: vakularen, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 6 months ago
vakularen
vakularen, Doctor (other than dermatologist)

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and i will help with your query.These bumps are injuries caused to the skin of the shaft either due to chafing / friction due to humping /sex without arousal of the partner(Dry vagina).These injuries are due to intercourse with a dry vagina,do wash them with warm water .Application of a mild steroid cream (after discussing this with your doctor) and use of NSAIDs like Ibubrufen will help reduce the pain.It would also be prudent to rule out Herpes (HSV1 and 2),and any local fungal infections which may also make the skin more sensitive to friction.Rough sex without adequate foreplay may also be the cause.