Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Chip how are you? I hope you are well. My periods changed…

Hi Dr Chip how are...
Hi Dr Chip how are you? I hope you are well. My periods changed cycle/dates. I used to be the 23rd of the month then it changed to the 20th for 3 months then it went to the 17th and this month they started on the 12th? I just weaned my son after 2.7 years of breastfeeding a month ago. That would’nt be a sign of ovarian cancer? Is it normal to have a change like that? Thanks :)
1/18/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

No, definitely not a sign of ovarian or uterine cancer Em

Just a matter of hormonal fluxes involved with the breast feeding and stopping that

The regular periods should start in another month

They have been regular but have changed from the 20th till the 12th that’s still fine?

Perfectly fine Em

Thanks :) also will 250mg every twelve hours be enough to stop hsv2 outbreak? I’m having my first one in a while and I get very bad headaches and an off feeling when I take 1g or even 500mg but I want it to work
My symptoms before or just as an outbreak begins are loose stools, anxiety, insomnia, feeling a bit nauseous and I get chapped lips. Is this a sign of something more serious? Why do I get these? Stressing again thanks!

250 every 12 hours is fine

Not a sign of anything more serious and stress can cause a breakout

I notice I get chaffed lips around then why would that be?

Really no relation

getting insomnia and anxiety? Will 250mg work adequately? Thank you :)

Those are both just from stress

But the 250 should work for you Em

Oh and one more thing just before my periods I get thrush like symptoms does that sound concerning? What can I do about it?

Not concerning and I'd just go with some oral probiotics

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
no need to take 250mg every 6 hours for successful treatment? Sometimes I feel a bit funny and vague in the head around outbreak that doesn’t sou d serious? Definitely not the brain herpes thing?
It’s been 6 hours do you think I can have another 250mg dose of famivir? I’d like to nip it in the bud. Thanks :)

Sure

Then another 6 hours later before bed safe?

Yes

Are you free? :)

Yes