Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Need for you to look at a mole. Lexapro, Wellbutrin and

Need for you to...

Need for you to look at a mole.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No. Lexapro, Wellbutrin and Pravastatin

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Diabetic Type 2, but primary care doc took me off Metformin because I am controlling it through diet now. A1C is 5.1.

1/18/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of that mole for me on this page?

Okay

Got those--hold on please

How long have you had it and has it changed in any way?

Had it all my life. Never noticed the dark spots around the border.

It looks benign to me--smooth borders and only one color

Doesn't look like a melanoma

But since I can only go by your photo you should have your doctor take a look at it

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thanks.

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice