Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a small spot that I noticed a couple days ago on the…

Hi, I have a small...
Hi, I have a small white spot that I noticed a couple days ago on the head of my penis, it’s on the lip right after the shaft. It’s not raised or nothing like that, more of a discoloration. Painless and not itchy.
1/18/2018
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor (other than dermatologist)

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

Any history of unprotected sex?

Please upload a photo?
Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

I have unprotected sex but iv been with the same woman for 5 years, neither of us are the cheating type. I can’t do a picture right now cause I’m at work but I can later.

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.

Please upload a photo when you will be free.

I will review it and answer you back.

Waiting for your reply.

Will do, thanks

OK.

Thanks.

I won’t keep bugging you until I get the photo for you but does it sound like anything serious to you? I couldn’t find anything online that explained it perfectly or a picture that looked anything similar

Currently not.

Still, I will wait to answer you properly.

You can take your time and upload a photo.

Thanks.

Photos should be attached
Pictures don’t really do it justice but it’s noticable to the eye
This one shows up a little better

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description and photos, This spot looks completely harmless - it could be a prominent penile skin gland or it could be mild skin irritation/ dermatitis/ eczema or post inflammatory hypopigmentation which is basically some loss of skin pigment following irritation of the penile skin.

It does not look like a wart or any other STD.

I would advise you some self-care remedies which you can try.
An application of OTC Hydrocort ointment and Polysporin ointment on the affected site twice a day.
Take a cool water bath and keep it dry and afterward, apply OTC Zeasorb AF powder.
Take OTC Advil and Allegra for 5 days.
Wear loose-fitting cotton fabric boxer.
Avoid rough masturbation, popping, scratching.
"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Ok thank u, I will give that a try. It just worried me at first cause I keep good hygiene and don’t sleep around or nothing. I appreciate the help

Thank you for replying back.

You shouldn't worry.

And try such remedies for a week.

Its nothing serious or contagious.

If your symptoms will not show any improvement then see your doctor for a clinical exam.
I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc