Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have redness around my anus, the skin from I believe

overwiping. It burns and itches...
I have redness around my anus, the skin from I believe overwiping. It burns and itches. I just put some A&D. Any idea what this is and what I should be applying to it.
1/17/2018
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

I think you nailed it. From over wiping. Do you baby wipes?

I used them that first time and I got this. They were pampers wipes

Ok. If you stop using them and apply zinc oxide (desitin), it will resolve

just give it time

It will heal

that is all you should put on it though and try not to wipe too much or use a washcloth with warm water

is this helpful?

What exactly is this rash? I don't have desiring on hand. Can I continue to put A&D. What caused this. Why does it itch and burn

It is a reaction to the wipes.

allergic reaction.

You still have not answered if I can put A&D lol. Can it be from toilet paper also?

Yes, I'm sorry. A and D is good too. I prefer desitin but A and D will do.

The paper is just making the allergic irritation worse

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

How should I wash that area?

very gently with a soft washcloth with warm water

Thank you! Just one last quick question. Why does it itch also?

that is the allergic reaction

allergies itch!

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor