Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
6740150

My husband has been sweating a lot and not changing his damp

second opinion] My husband has been sweating a lot and not changing his damp clothes for several hours. He’s now developed a rash in the groin and thigh area. Please offer advice on how to treat. Thanks.

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online & for attaching the picture.I have seen it.

The picture you have sent & the symptoms you have described about your husband of developing a a rash in the groin and thigh area is most likely suggestive of fungal infection.

Following is recommended for him :

• Apply cream containing clotrimazole.It is available at counter without prescription.
  • Probiotics are one of the most important parts of a Candida albicans/yeast infection cure..There are many brands of probiotics easily available as over the counter at your pharmacy.
  • Keep genital area,groin & thighs clean & dry.
  • Remove wet, sweaty bottom clothing as soon as possible.

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then he need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox) will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatments & & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh