Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have self DXed with fordyce spots and PPP but now I'm

Customer Question
I have self DXed...

I have self DXed with fordyce spots and PPP but now I'm having white spots around the frenulum of my penis. I'm very concerned. I want to know what it most likely is and what I can do to remove them (hopefully on my own). I've even thought of burning these spots off myself!

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the skin issue better or worse?

I noticed that after a long day of work the spots become more pronounced and whiter

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, I'm healthy as a bull

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dermatology
1/17/2018
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 4 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Here they are.

Any history of sexual contact before the appearance of these spots around the frenulum ?

I am sexually active.

Sexual contact with known person or unknown person ( who may have had warts ) ?

Both I guess.

The area around the frenulum look like warts ( caused by the human papilloma virus )

This needs to be treated with local application of cryofreeze at the doctors clinic This would help in removing the growths and spots and make them look better.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wartner-Cryogenic-Wart-Removal-System-Original-12-applications-1-18-oz-Pack-of-6/45107787

This cryogenic wart removal system from walmart store can be tried.

For the dots in the shaft of the penis : Do not worry . Those are nothing but follicular spots ( fordyce spots) You can make them look better by application of retinol based serum on the area daily at night for 2 months

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist