Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I am developing warts on my body ?what is causing this. I…

Customer Question
I am developing warts...

I am developing warts on my body ?what is causing this. I use Norwex cloth's and have been using Dove soap for years.

Doctor's Assistant: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. itching, rash, new birthmarks or moles)?

We live in an area with clay soil and it is very dusty. We ave been developing skin tags,as well my right ankle has been very itchy and I have had to apply calamine lotion to it. ?i queried whether or not I had contacted poison ivy at some point. We live in the country.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

I have been living in this environment for approx. 6 years. My husband has very bad skin all over his body with small brown spots smaller than a skin tag they are not blackheads and he has oily skin. I hve drier skin and never experienced this problem prior to living here. He is 80 years old and I am 77.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have recently been diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation and m on medication for the first time in years. Eloquist bid[ a blood thinner and metrapolol bid as well as synthroid 25mcg daily

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dermatology
1/16/2018
Dermatologist: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 1 month ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Hello, and thank you for your question.

I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Thank you for your patience.

Warts on the body is caused by infection by the virus, HPV. HPV can remain dormant in the cells for may years and can cause warts when the immune system is down and there is a lowered body resistance to infection.

Skin tags in older people occur when there is friction on the skin- either skin rubbing against skin or skin rubbing against cloth. Skin tags occur in skin folds, especially in heavy people.

P A doctor will be able to tell you whether you have warts or skin tags. Treatment is different for each condition.

For skin tags, rubbing apple cider vinegar or tying a thin string around the base of the tag will cause the tag to fall off.

For warts, application of Podophyllin resin (Podofilox gel ) will help clear the warts.

Also take a multivitamin multimineral supplement to improve your immune level.

Apply a good moisturise or oil all over the body to keep the skin supple and to prevent dryness.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD