Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Had sex about 10 days back, started feeling very slight

crampiness or slight burn in...
Had sex about 10 days back, started feeling very slight crampiness or slight burn in the groin area. Have inspected for any rash or redness or anything unusual in the groin area but nothing to see, skin looks perfect. Not sure what the cause for this might be?
1/16/2018
DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

I'm not feeling itchy in the groin area or anywhere. Sometimes I feel slightly crampy or a very slight burn feeling in the area. So far not a single red sign or rash anywhere in the groin or on penis. Have inspected multiple times.
I should also add that there was no penetration in the sex, just fingering involved.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Do you have associated lower back pain?

Any bulge in the groin?

Is burning persistent or intermittent?

Lifting heavy weight, tight-fitting clothes?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

No lower back pain. No bulge in the groin. Intermittent burning. When I wake up in the morning, I don't feel any of these symptoms.
I should also add that I don't feel the burning or any discomfort while peeing, I can only feel it otherwise. Since I thought this might be pubic lice, I applied over the counter public lice shampoo to the groin area, I feel that after washing that shampoo, the burning increases.
Not wearing tight fitting clothes.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, such intermittent burning or cramping can be associated with nerve irritation supplying the affected area or muscle fasciculations.

You should do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment and apply cool compresses.

Take OTC Motrin for few days.

Hydrate yourself with Gatorade.

This is not related to sex.

Still, poor posture could trigger it.

If your symptoms will persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor
DermDoc
DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor