Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

Have a rash in my armpits which internist and I thought was…

Customer Question
Have a rash in...

Have a rash in my armpits which internist and I thought was a yeast infection - I've been taking fluconazole for 5 days now and using Nystatin powder at night, but rash seems to be getting worse and it's spreading down to my ribcage on both sides. It is super itchy and when I put the Nystatin powder on it, it makes the itching even worse.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

Have been dealing with this for about 1 month now, but just started taking the meds this past week. I was using hydrocortisone which made the itching better but made the rash worse.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have cecal cancer, but never had radiation or chemo - tumor was just removed through surgery and 18 lymph nodes - all was clear and we've just been doing regular CEA checkups. I do have a history of yeast infections in my skin folds which is why we went with the standard treatment for me (fluconazole).

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dermatology
1/15/2018
Dermatologist: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can you post a picture of the rash here?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've been trying to attach the pictures, but can't seem to

Here is a link on how to attach pictures here,

How to attach pictures

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
still am trying to send pictures

You can contact customer services and they can help you in this regard,

Customer services

Or you can upload them to dropbox or google drive etc and send me the link

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i think i sent them?

Just got them, let me evaluate them and ill get back to you in a few minutes.

Unfortunately i have just been called away for a critical patient in the ICU, ill opt out so another expert can jump in and help you. Dont reply to this message and that will lock the question back to me and the other experts wont be able to reply. Sorry again, but another expert should be along shortly, he will be able to see the pictures as well.

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist