Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has been sweating a lot and not changing his damp…

My husband has been sweating...
My husband has been sweating a lot and not changing his damp clothes for several hours. He’s now developed a rash in the groin and thigh area. Please offer advice on how to treat. Thanks.
Still waiting
Answered in 4 days by:
1/17/2018
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Hello, and thank you for your question.

I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Thank you for your patience.

This looks like contact dermatitis. Please apply Cortisone ointment , OTC, twice daily for 3 days. It should clear up.

If it persists for more than 3 days, it would mean that a fungal infection has set in in the raw areas. If so, Please apply Lotrimin ointment, OTC, twice daily for 5 days.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Contact dermatitis from what? It’s an area covered by clothing.

Contact dermatitis from constant friction with the damp clothes - it can set up an irritation of the skin.

I hope this helped. Let me know if you need more information.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you.

Dr.M.D.Mazumdar