Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a painful bump in the groin area that's hard, very…

Customer Question
I have a painful...

I have a painful bump in the groin area that's hard, very red and sore. Should I go see my doctor about this?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Just a couple of days - if any thing rubs against it, like my underwear or slacks, it's worse, warm compresses and using polysporin with a gauze pad over it seems to help.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nope-I think I might be allergic to a certain sanitary pad that I've been using because this is the 2nd time this has showed up after being off my period.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Dermatologist: Dr. Chip, General pratice replied 6 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

No

Can you give me more of a complete description of it then please?