Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Recently noticed red bumps on the ring of my penis close to…

Customer Question
Recently noticed red bumps on...
Recently noticed red bumps on the ring of my penis close to the head. Have had the same partner for a year now and just happened two weeks ago. Only happens when we have intercourse. Wondering what it could be. Or be from.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dermatology
1/8/2018
Dermatologist: vakularen, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 7 months ago
vakularen
vakularen, Doctor (other than dermatologist)

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.The red bumps could be from different causes ,these include-

Allergy to condom latex,spermicide or lubricant.

Genital herpes

Fungal infection

Contact Dermatitis.

It would be prudent to see your PCP who can examine you and investigate the cause of these red dots by a STD panel,blood test for Herpes (HSV1 and 2) and fungal infections.The treatment will be specific to the cause found.