Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a ingrown pimple/boil on my left groin area. It is…

Customer Question
I have a ingrown...

I have a ingrown pimple/boil on my left groin area . It is located on my panty line. It’s a like a pimple inside my skin. What Can I do with it?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

Have had it about three weeks . Sometimes it’s almost gone but if I wear tight underwear it irritates it. No other skin changes:)

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I know of... I am not a diabetic but all my family is.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dermatology
1/7/2018
Dermatologist: vakularen, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 7 months ago
vakularen
vakularen, Doctor (other than dermatologist)

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.A boil/Folliculitis which has persisted for 3 weeks needs to be investigated and treated by your PCP.it would be prudent to get your Glucose Tolerance test done as well as your Hb1AC(Glycosolated Haemoglobin) to assess your diabetes status again.You will need a broad spectrum antibiotic like Augmentin(Amoxicillin and Clauvinic Acid) for 10-14 days to ensure that the infection is cleared.If the boil needs to be incised and drained it should be done at the earliest to ensure complete healing.It would be prudent to wear cotton undergarments which are loose so that there is no chafing/maceration of the skin,the material should be breathable and not synthetic.