Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have sensitive skin. A few weeks ago I tried a moisturizer…

Customer Question
I have sensitive skin...

I have sensitive skin. A few weeks ago I tried a moisturizer that contained honey. Within 2 weeks my pores were full of yellow waxy-like debris. I can't seem to get my pores cleaned out now. I have to be careful about harsh products that hurt my sensitive skin. I never had a big problem with blackheads or whiteheads until this past year. I am 67 years old. Suggestions?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

I noticed more blackheads and whiteheads about a year ago. The honey-laden moisturizer I used 2 months ago made the problems much worse! No major changes in overall skiin or nails.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had A-fib problems 8 months ago, now take Eliquiis and Cardizem.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dermatology
1/5/2018
Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 7 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

any other medical issues