Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

Red itchy rash right breast stomach and back

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dermatology
1/4/2018
Dermatologist: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 1 month ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
Do you have a picture of what this rash looks like that you could upload here?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No but it isn't pus filled. It has crusted and it's really tender. Kind of like tingles for days
What you are describing sounds like shingles which is a rash that can either present as blisters or crusted lesions. These are often painful and the area is sensitive.
It is something that would reserve on. Otherwise you have the option of starting an antiviral medications to help it resolve sooner.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This occurred 4 years ago from head to toe. My skin was like hamburger meat, and I was ill like flu.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Meaning this is second time
Shingles can occur a second time but it wouldn’t affect you head to toe. It would only affect generally one side of your body.
Could you describe the rash in more detail and perhaps I could provide more input.

Just wanted to see if you have any more questions regarding this topic that I may address.

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD