Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

My son has a rash all over his bottom, where his belly meets…

Customer Question
My son has a rash...
My son has a rash all over his bottom, where his belly meets his legs as well as on both cheeks and under his eyes and his eye lids are red. It has been bad the last three days. It is not an allergic reaction to anything we have had him food allergy tested and have taken all foods on the list out of his diet over a month ago. What else could be causing it?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dermatology
1/1/2018
Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 1 month ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you have a picture?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not and he is in bed sleeping. It is more of a blotchy rash though

It could just be a viral syndrome

Kids his age get viruses commonly this time of year.

viruses of all types can cause rashes in kids

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there anything we can do to help it not agitate him so bad especially the eyes?

I would use childrens benadryl

that should help some

and get him seen if it progresses

he may need a dose of steroids

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service with all customers

If you have more questions, just reply. :)

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor