Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I'm having on both arms dry skin which is also red. I have…

Customer Question
Hello. I'm having on both...
Hello. I'm having on both arms dry skin which is also red. I have also taken a picture which you can find in the attachment. What is this?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Hasan, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for waiting. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per picture this looks like a fungal infection. Don't worry I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned, you can apply a mixture of over the counter available clotrimazole and 1% hydrocortisone cream twice daily for two weeks. Wash the area with soap and water and let it dry in open air before applying the creams. Take over the counter available tablet claritin once daily for two weeks. I am quite hopeful that these measures will help you and you are going to be alright but if symptoms persist, see your doctor. I reassure you that there is nothing serious and you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service but if you have received anything less than that, please ask anything you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards