Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Itchy dandruff scalp and itchy red bumps on body and inside…

Customer Question
Itchy dandruff scalp and itchy...
Itchy dandruff scalp and itchy red bumps on body and inside my nose I have a white spot
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dermatology
12/30/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

can you upload a clear photo of your skin and this white spot in your nose

the white spot in your nose is tender?

it could be from a blocked skin pore or infected hair follicle in your nose.

The spot is white I attached the picture it's like a flat white area doesn't hurt wen I touch
I been having itchy scalp and dandruff and hairloss from the whole thing. I get these red itchy bumps on my back and chest neck area. And now there's the white spot in my nise

do you see the "add file" link?

Can a bacterial infection be causing my dandruff and itchy scalp?

dandruff and itchy scalp most often is due to a low level skin fungal infection on the scalp

due to sometimes dry or oily hair oil glands under the skin.

Will my hairloss resolve once the infection is clear? I'm on terbinfine will this medication work

terbinfine is an antifungal agent

I can't see the white spot on your nose to tell if it is a fungal infection or not.

you didn't upload a photo.

I just uploaded two pictures of the white spot in my nose

inside of your nose would be rare for fungal infections.

is it tender or sore?

it could be from a blocked nose hair or blocked gland in the nostril

It doesn't hurt. It's not hear my hair of my hairs in my nose. It'sdeeper inside

the photo is very blurry.

it looks like dried mucus possibly

it would be unusual to have a fungal infection there inside of the nose.

These are the red itchy bumps I get on my back, chest and neck sometimes near my hairline or on my scalp

these look like blocked skin pores or maybe some mild acne.