Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

My son is 16 and for the last 6 weeks has had a large lump…

Customer Question
Hi my son is...

Hi my son is 16 and for the last 6 weeks has had a large lump growing day

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

Y with a large amount of hair loss The lump is soft and the doctor said it was a sybasiosoue syst he is being refured to a specialist in about3 months I’m worried that he will loose a lot more hair by then

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon replied 7 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Please post a picture of the lump?

S

Thanks for the picture. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

It is likely to be sebaceous cyst. Once it is removed, the hair would grow back.

Though an early surgery would be good.

Usually the hair loss is not progressive so it would not increase further.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you for your reply I will take my son to a private hospital in that way the surgery will be done quicker
Regards
Marie Davenport

You are very welcome, Marie.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Wishing you a very happy new year 2018.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Happy new year 2018.

Hello Marie,

Hope your son is doing good.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Stay blessed.

Happy new year 2018.