Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I was just wondering about skin cancers. I have had these…

Customer Question
Hi I was just...

Hi I was just wondering about skin cancers. I have had these pimple like lumps on the back of my hair line/ neck for few months now. And one keeps scrapping and never heals. It’s not itching but sore but turns out like a pimp but Scaps like a sore

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dermatology
12/29/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon replied 7 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Could you please post a picture of it?

Did you receive my picture

No it has not posted here.

You may do it as following;
1. Click the paperclip icon
2. Click the Browse icon
3. Click the Browse button
4. Select your file and click Open
5. Click OK
6. Click Insert
7. Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142

http://screencast.com/t/eHsvtij7WT

http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/lB2dRseC/image0.jpg

Thanks for the picture. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

This is likely to be;

1) Sebaceous cyst.

2) Dermoid cyst.

Both of these are benign. But would need a surgical excision.

There is a tiny possibility of it being basal cell carcinoma which is a skin cancer. This is a locally invasive cancer as it does not spread and remain localized. A physical exam and biopsy will rule it out.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions. It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl Happy new year 2018.