Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Found a bump near foreskin head of penis. Could you

Customer Question
identify?...
Found a bump near foreskin head of penis. Could you identify?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
Dermatologist: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Is it painful to touch? Itching?

For how long you have such bump?

Do you have history of unprotected sex with multiple partners?

Burning urination?

Any other health or medical problems ?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

It is not painful to touch, no burning urination, no other health or medical problems.I have had unprotected sex maybe twice at the start of this year but have recently had an all clear STD test.

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

Well, this can be related with a cyst , It is a sac which is filled with a fluid or semi-fluid material. This is benign in nature.
As you don’t have pain, so it is not indicative of any infection.

No need to get panic. It is not related with any serious issue.

You should avoid picking or squeezing.

This is benign in nature. It is not an STD. Please stop worrying.

It is harmless in nature and no treatment is required.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

OK thankyou for your answer - what makes you think this is a cyst and not a wart?The lump does not feel like it is filled with any material
Dermatologist: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today.

Do you still need help with your question?

please - I needed a second opinion on this

I see a small fleshy irregular shaped raised warty appearing growth. May I suggest, if there is any possibility of prior HPV infection, that you see your doctor for further evaluation and treatment.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Are you sure?Previous doctor believed this was a cyst?

Does not look like a cyst to me. A cyst is smooth, your lesion is not.

Should I go get this removed?

Yes, you should have it evaluated and removed.

I have a similar bump the other side of the frenulum, could these be glands?

Your picture does not look like a gland. Since there is a possible history of possible HPV, please have your doctor evaluate and possibly remove.

Did you have the lesion evaluated?

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor