Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I was recently taking amoxicillin for a sinus infection.

Customer Question
Hi. I was recently...

Hi. I was recently taking amoxicillin for a sinus infection. About 4 days ago, I started ro experience a rash near my pantyline. Slightly red bumps that resemble pimple and a couple of them were sore, with out the white head. I also noticed that my lymph nodes in my groin were swollen and sore. I went to the clinic and they told me to stop the amoxicillin and gave me Diflucan and Nystatin for yeast overgrowth. They did NOT look at the rash, only felt my lymphnodes. Since then, the rash is still there. Some of the bumps have a black dot at the center. It itches bad at night. Lymph nodes are not as sore, but I still feel some tenderness where my legs meets my pelvic area. I started to research and found a lot of thing that scared me. One being that amoxicillin can cause lymphoma coupled with a rash. Any suggestions?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the bumps better or worse?

When I showern they seem less itchy. I should add that several years ago I had a wart but this looks totally different

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Anemic.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dermatology
12/26/2017
Dermatologist: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 6 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello my name is***** and I am a board-certified pediatrician. I have seen many adolescents and young adults who have had similar symptoms as yours. In addition, I prescribe amoxicillin routinely and very frequently. I would be happy to help you. May I proceed or would you prefer I opt out for another physician?