Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Finger infection that I need to verify. On antibiotics. Not…

Customer Question
Finger infection that I...

Finger infection that I need to verify

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes. On antibiotics

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dermatology
12/24/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Chip, General pratice replied 7 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

Just uploaded a pic of the affected area

Got it--thanks

What did you need to know about this?

My doctor said that he suspects it’s contact irritation. I just wanted to check that it’s not something else?

Contact irritation as in an allergic reaction?

Is it either sore or itchy?

It felt like a splinter initially. It’s sensitive to the touch and was warm initially. It started about a week ago after a gym session with weights.

OK

It's definitely just an infection that should respond to the antibiotics

But nothing serious

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thanks, ***** ***** Christmas!

Same to you

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you