Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Last night my eye started to get puffy today it was nearly…

Customer Question
Last night my eye...

Last night my eye started to get puffy today it was nearly swollen shut. Icing it makes the swelling good down but the eye lid is still swollen and there is a white bump below the lashes on the upper lid (where the swelling is occurring).

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

Just noticed it last night No injury

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had an injury in the same eye about a year ago from basketball

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dermatology
12/24/2017
Dermatologist: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Sorry to hear about that. Well it could be die to the bump you notice there or an allergic reaction to something that might have stung you . We need to cover both the possibilities.

Apply warm compresses or ice both are effective .

Take an antiallergic like benadryl .

Take ibuprofen , which will help minimize the inflammation in the bump.

If its irritating your eye then OTC artificial tears should be used just to protect the eye ball with an extra layer of tears/ fluid .

I hope you feel better soon.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Available for any further queries.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards.