Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Over the last two weeks I have having a swelling behind my…

Customer Question
Over the last two weeks...
Over the last two weeks I have having a swelling behind my left ear. I don’t think it’s lynphnodes because it’s quite painful and smaller almost like a pimple but it’s not poop able because it seems like it is deeper.I had one behind the ear in a different spot 2 weeks ago, it went away in a few days and not one came back on the lower back part of the ear (almost on the jaw line) and it much more painful. What could this be? Viral?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dermatology
12/24/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

it sounds like a blocked skin pore or a subaceous cyst