Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

My wife fell tonight and cut her lower lip on the outside.

Customer Question
My wife fell tonight...

My wife fell tonight and cut her lower lip on the outside. It continues to ooze blood . Is their something we can apply to stop this slow loss of blood. I have a product called wonder dust that is used to help stop bleeding in animals that have been cut. Would it be safe to use this on her lip. The cut is lower on her lip where she would not be touching it with her tongue.

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

She is suffering from back issues and is waiting to have surgery

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She is taking asprin as a blood thinner and currently has her blood pressure under control

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dermatology
12/20/2017
Dermatologist: Onlinedoc, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 7 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor (other than dermatologist)

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

I understand your concern.
As per your description, she can firstly do cool compresses with an ice.

And put pressure on the wound.

She can try OTC WoundSeal Powder for human use. In combination with manual pressure to the wound, the powder quickly forms a strong scab that completely covers the wound and stops the bleeding.

You should avoid wonder dust that is used to help stop bleeding in animals only.

It's not recommended to use for humans.

You can apply OTC Polysporin ointment on the wound later.

Avoid Aspirin for 1-2 days.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.