Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had painful what seems to be like callouses on both…

Customer Question
Hi I have had...

Hi I have had painful what seems to be like callouses on both hands (palms, on my R first digit and left middle finger. What concerns me is that they itch and they disappear at times but will come back red, inflamed and itchy. When they get inflamed and grow I see dark spots in them. Please let me know what this could be?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

For about three years. Usually when I drive a car but now it flares up even when I haven't been driving which concerns me.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Recently I found out I had gallstones during a flush. In the ER they performed an ultrasound and Xray which did not confirm any stones but I passed hundreds a week later after my flush. I am still itching all over now. I am on my second flush and this week I plan on doing a colon cleanse afterwards.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/19/2017
Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 8 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you you have a picture?

On the right you can see what looks like a callous that doesn't hurt now. Then in the middle a previous "callous" that's not a lump anymore but has flattened and flaked. When I do hurt both my hands get inflamed at the same time and for lumps or the lumps there get bigger , and inflamed.

how old are you?

what medical problems do you have?

do you smoke?

Gallstones, anemia, I am 39

I am worried about a heart issue causing this

it is called endocarditis

Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 7 months ago

just click send to reply