Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have some purple around my nose. It's been this way for a…

Customer Question
I have some purple...

I have some purple around my nose

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

It's been this way for a while now I don't exactly remember when but no breathing problems

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dermatology
12/18/2017
Dermatologist: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Can you please share picture.

Do you have associated itching?

Is it painful to touch?

Did it developed all of a sudden?

Age and gender?

Have you developed such symptoms in past?

Any recent injury on affected part?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

There

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details and sharing picture.

Well, this can be related with Petechiae and they come from the breaking of blood capillaries under the skin. They are the smallest form of a bruise.

They disappear after a few days as the blood is reabsorbed into the body, just like a bruise does, but usually faster.

No need to get panic. This would not relate with any serious issue. It can be left alone.

It would get resolve by its own.

If you get such purple patches on different part of body and they are increasing, than it should be checked by doctor. In that case, possible cause can be-

Diabetes or high blood pressure, liver disease, Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpure (ITP).

For that, you need to undergo few tests- complete blood count,liver function test, ultrasound of the abdomen (to check for the status of the liver as well as the spleen).

At this time, from the description and after seeing picture, it sound to be Petechiae, this can be left alone. It would not cause harm, and would get resolve with time.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh