Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

For the last 3 months, I feel a flap of flesh when I

Customer Question
swallow. It is mostly on...
For the last 3 months, I feel a flap of flesh when I swallow. It is mostly on my left side but sometimes in center and right side as well. I don't feel it when I eat food but it is present when I swallow saliva or fake the action of swallowing. I had an ENT insert camera through nose and he could not find anything. He said it could be due to acid reflux and said that the top of esophagus looks slightly swollen. On a side note, I tried looking down my throat with light and a good mirror and I could see my epiglottis - It is not uvula since I compared images and I know its the epiglottis. Could it be the epiglottis that I am feeling? Can I cause harm to it by excessive swallowing? What should I do next?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dermatology
12/18/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 2 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Epiglottitis would present with severely high fever and only lasts about 5-7 days at most.

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist