Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Female looking for a good cleanser for dry skin. Years!!! No…

Customer Question
Hi, I'm African American...

Hi, I'm African American Female looking for a good facial cleanser for dry skin.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Do you notice any redness or scaling?

Years!!! No redness, but my face is acne prone and since I pick at my face I have dark spots from ingrown hairs and pimples I burst. :(

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Family history of diabetes as for my health, but that's it really.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dermatology
12/17/2017
Dermatologist: DrK99, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 5 months ago
DrK99
DrK99, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. Cetaphil gentle facial cleanser would be a good choice. Commonly recommended by dermatologists. Available at drugstores and Walmart. Picking at your face will lead to long term damage and dark spots that cannot be corrected
DrK99
DrK99