Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

As I have gained weight with my last few children, I have…

Customer Question
As I have gained...

As I have gained weight with my last few children, I have hard, roundish lumps on my thighs, can be tender when pressed. I seem to have far more than most women. I have never had good muscle tone even as a teen

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

Last few years...I have multiple small lumps on both thighs, ranging from .3 to 1 inch in diameter. they are fairly hard and some have increased in size over time

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I seem to have poor circulation and significant food allergies; high levels of inflammation it seems; my job requires long hours of sitting

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dermatology
12/14/2017
Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 7 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

any other medical issues?

I am 48. Had a baby naturally at 45 but seem to be entering menopause early due to poor health, fatigue, and stress. My ankles are often swelled as they have been for years, but they are worse now. My leg muscle tone has always been much poorer than average. I am about 70 pounds overweight.

any autoimmune disease in the family?

My chiropractor has said several times that I was headed that direction. I seem to have more trouble than other family members. Neither of my parents have diabetes, and I checked a list of autoimmune diseases and do not know of any family members who have them. My dad's sister has type II diabetes and my niece (sister's daughter) has type I diabetes. Other than typical issues that come with age, my parents do not seem to have the difficulties that I have. It should be noted that my life has been extraordinarily full and stressful over the last ten years with little reprieve. Thank you.

I agree with your chiropractor

I think this is autoimmune related

I would see a good internist and have an autoimmune blood workup done.

is this helpful?

thanks for this question.

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)