Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a red rash with a dry red center, its not very itchy…

Customer Question
Hi i have a red...
Hi i have a red rash with a dry red center, its not very itchy but its getting bigger. i can send pictures
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
12/14/2017
Dermatologist: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

For how long you have this problem?

Do you have associated bumps/ blister?

Any other health or medical problems ?

Please share picture.

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

I first noticed this probelem on November 30th, 2017. It just looked like a bit of dry skin. But now the rash is getting bigger, but I'm not even scratching at it.
I have no other blisters,or bumps. No other health problems.

On which part of body, you have such symptoms?

Can you please share picture.

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

The rash is on my thigh/lap area . The attached pictures are with and without flash

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details and sharing clear picture.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Well, such symptoms can occur with a condition- Urticaria.

It is a hypersensitivity reaction (similar to an allergy) occurs in the skin, causing inflammation. The inflammation causes the skin to become reddish.

This is not a serious issue and usually can be managed at home.

Exposure to environmental irritants can worsen symptoms, as can dryness of the skin, exposure to water, temperature changes, and stress.

The following tips will help you -

1. When washing or bathing, keep water contact as brief as possible.

2. Use less soap than usual.

3. After bathing, it is important to trap the moisture in the skin by applying lubricating cream on the skin while it is damp.

4.Temperature changes and stress may cause sweating and aggravate the condition.

5.Take tablet Zyrtec once a day. .

7. You should mix 1% Cortisone cream with 1% Clotrimazole cream and apply over the affected area twice a day, for 5-7 days.

These symptoms would get resolve with above measures. In 1 week, you would become free from symptoms.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Urticaria/Hives look more like bumps. This rash is like scaly skin. It is not eczema because I used to have it as a child. The rash is also getting bigger, although I am not irritating it. I haven't used any new soaps or lotions either.
This is another angle of the rash
this picture here was taken a few days ago, but it’s not as big.