Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter has a small clear pimple in the size of a rice…

Customer Question
My daughter has a...

My daughter has a small clear pimple in the size of a rice grain on her inner eye. Do we need any medicine or see a docker?

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

She just had a vision exam about a week ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, she is good and healthy

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dermatology
12/11/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Chip, General pratice replied 4 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

I don't have a picture right now. Can I wait until she come back home?

Sure--I'll be here

here's the picture of her pimple

Got it--thanks

Any pain with that?

no pain. she did not feel it. just noticed it when she was about to use her contact lens.

That's called a chalzion--a small benign cyst

In general it doesn't need any treatment and goes away on its own in time

So for now she doesn't need to see a doctor about it but if it persists beyond a week or starts to get larger she needs to get it checked out

Please let me know if you need any more information

Got it! Thanks so much for the advice!

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice